but we don't
FREE 100M Internet
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is now the Affordable Connectivity Program
On Dec. 31, 2021, the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB) became the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a new long-term program created by Congress to provide income-qualified Longmont residents the chance to move at the speed of NextLight! Nationally, the new ACP will maintain the existing discounts of up to $50/month for eligible customers through Feb. 28, 2022, after which the program will offer discounts of up to $30/month instead. In order to best support our ACP customers and ensure they remain connected to the high-speed service they need, NextLight will continue to honor the higher discount for internet service. This means:
- 100 megabit ACP customers will still receive FREE NextLight internet service
- 1 gigabit ACPT customers will retain their rate of $19.95/month for NextLight internet service
- Additional products and services will be the responsibility of the customer
What if I am a current EBB participant?
Who is eligible and what do I need to apply?
Eligibility – Customers must provide a letter of enrollment or acceptance in the following programs:
- Free or reduced school lunch program
- Medicaid-MSP or SLMB (Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary)
- CARE (Colorado Affordable Residential Energy Program)
- Colorado Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- WIC SNAP Pell Grant 104PTC (Colorado Tax, Rent, Heat Rebate Program)
- Pell Grant
- Habitat for Humanity
- Longmont Housing Authority resident
- Thistle Properties resident
- Crisman Aptartments, Centennial Park Apartments or Casa de la Esperanza Resident
The service address must be in a fiber-enabled service area.
An acceptable form of ID:
- US Driver’s License
- Other Government-issued IDs, such as a state ID
- US Military ID
- Foreign ID, such as a Matricula Consular
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number Document
- Proof of enrollment – letter of enrollment or acceptance to one of said programs.
- The letter MUST include the participant’s name, service address, program name, and acceptance date.
- A picture of a Medical or EBT card is not acceptable as it does not prove current enrollment.
- Proof of enrollment must be provided annually.
Apply online now!
Give us a call and we’d be delighted to walk you through the application process and help you figure out if you qualify for this offer.